Welcome to the IW Citizens Community Forums. These forums solution is not hosted, funded, or managed by InWorldz staff, but by InWorldz community members. We are all responsible to keep this place tidy and welcoming for all. Have fun!

Using a bridge between two sims

Ed HinterlandEd Hinterland Posts: 25
edited September 4 in Builders Help
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to put a bridge between two regions in a 2x2, but whatever I do, the bridge behaves as a phantom object the moment you cross the border, and you end up falling under water. This is what I did to try to fix the problem : first I split the bridge into two, one half on each side, which didn't work ; then I attached a mother prim to it as everybody does with off-sim stuff, and it didn't work either. Now I'm out of ideas...
"I can resist everything except temptation" Oscar Wilde

Comments

• AstoriaLAstoriaL Posts: 86
    Hey Ed,
    You need to put up 2 copies of your bridge, one on each region, overlapping each other at the border.
  • As Ast says. My taxiways overlap at sim crossings between Harriet Quimby and Sanctuary Bay.
    Only way to solve it. And then fiddle hard with textures to hide this :-D
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde.
  • Ast, I'm puzzled by your answer. I haven't tried to do that yet, but won't the two overlapping (whole) bridges 'vibrate' when you look at them closely? What puzzles me even more is seeing that two half-bridges, one on each sim, don't solve the problem...
    "I can resist everything except temptation" Oscar Wilde
  • AstoriaLAstoriaL Posts: 86
    Another way you could do it would be to put a non-phantom invisible prim for the floor of the bridge on the second region, but then people could fall through what appear to be the sides. The objects need to overlap.
    Thanked by 1Ed Hinterland