Welcome to the IW Citizens Community Forums. These forums solution is not hosted, funded, or managed by InWorldz staff, but by InWorldz community members. We are all responsible to keep this place tidy and welcoming for all. Have fun!

Imzadi Basin - 2017

Stuff happens - so we're making lemonade! I wanted to share some of the development as it progresses
Wench is an acronym: W-oman - E-ntitled to - N-othing but - C-omplete - H-appiness - Don't say it like it's a bad thing!

Comments

• more "stuff" [edited to include image]
    Thanked by 1AstoriaL
    Wench is an acronym: W-oman - E-ntitled to - N-othing but - C-omplete - H-appiness - Don't say it like it's a bad thing!
  • It was quite a weekend. Only a little bit done Saturday and Sunday ... Today was a bit more substantial. The dirigible is named "Leviathan Mistral". Once properly finished and fitted out more comfortably it will afford a beautiful view of the sim over a.m. coffee.

• I could have wished for greater progress ... the spray script took up most of today.
  • Thursday: Very little work accomplished.
    FYI: Thor's playing babysitter [he's about to be grampa the multiple'th time over!]
    Concentration, impossible; quality of any work attempted meeting my standards later, improbable - ergo, tomorrow is another day. :bee:
    Thanked by 1Judy Dressler
  • And above that all you are making lemonade?
    Why does this phrase remind me of Portal 2?
    =)
    Thanked by 1ClaretLaKhabary
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde.
  • Today was "update on what happened in RL" for me and Thor [meanwhile ... a very burgeoning start was made on the hilly, winding, path to the nursery shed on the back edge of the sim [no one wants to see pictures of that mess!], visitor counter installed and stall door scripts added so they work as intended [thanks go out to Zauber (tm) for making "easy door 4.1.1" even easier!]. Tomorrow; IDI ...

... lol, Judy ... ["Lets make a deal" game show reference] "... or I can let you have what's in the box....."
  • Still a mess but getting closer every day.
  • I have discovered the definitive answer to the question "if a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?"
    .... no spoiler alert, though. I'm not tellin'.

Matching pathways to terrain and terrain to pathways till it's all "just right" can be ... tedious [but will be worth every "silent scream" in the end].... and there's this. Thanks to the creator for making the falls modify!
    TheSpan.jpg 180.4K
  • Adding the title "chaos-wrangler" to my RL resume ... meanwhile [among other things], on the sim, "this" happened...
  • New today...
    Thanked by 1AstoriaL
  • nice :-)
  • Nothing definitive done today.. a lot of staging for further development.
  • Holiday weekend over .. birthday celebrating done. Baack to woooork....

I realize now why "making a normal" to pair up with a texture for a nice 3 dimensional effect, isn't my strong suit [no one's ever accused me of being normal!]. I'll give it another go down the road.

Also added a relaxing shady spot to read. I had to resist the temptation to just "park" my avatar and call it a day [after the smoke cleared]. I did get the script to make Claret sit properly working... [without calling the fire department. So, Go me!]. Now that I've learned how [the hard way; by reading and actually interpreting the script and figuring out what was wrong with it instead of crying for help in TFSL chat at the first sign of trouble] ... more to come!
  • The staging of last week is paying off. Eyes would be permanently crossed by now if I hadn't. Half way through "planting" flowers and arranging them ... "looking natural" isn't "easy" and it's obvious more bushes and trees will be needed [once again thanking lucky stars - and the founders foresight - that InWorldz land impact limits are so very very ... very ... generous. If not for that I would have to rethink the whole region ... again]. Here's a couple of lovely shots of some of Gregg Legendary's "legacy" [prim-to-mesh, I think] flowers. One down by the Nursery Shed and the other in the corral/paddock. They're being used generously sim-wide [other creators will be too, but these are just fantastic and shouldn't be "languishing" in inventory]
  • ... make a copy, move it, adjust it, move it more, readjust it ... just one more patch of grass ... just one more hyacinth... no no ... it's too much ... stop touching it!

At the end of the day; one small area complete and one step closer to "perfection" [as if we'll ever get 'that' far!].
    Thanked by 1AstoriaL
  • A slight delay while I address an ear infection in RL. More to come!
  • This week's work is progressing in dribs and drabs. I have to keep telling myself the rotations are all correct; it's me that's skewed and off-kilter.
  • Concentrating on forward Progression... any step taken today is one less step to take tomorrow
    Thanked by 1AstoriaL
  • Just needed a little break today so I decided to fiddle with technique. The result is this aquarium in the round. It came out very well for an impromptu experiment. Now I just need ...
    ... a fish.

Thanks to Benski for the scoop on adding shine to transparency using materials settings and to past helpers for hints on lighting, etc.

I'm still working on getting exactly what I want from build settings without heavy [or any] scripting. One day I will know it all! [and then the zombie-pocalypse will happen!]
    aquarium.jpg 297.3K
  • A lovely betta added to the fish tank ... once I'm comfortable setting a good swim path .. nirvana! ...meanwhile I found 'this' gem while looking for the perfect fish! A little blending and "voila!" instant[ish] grotto!
  • can you drop LM to visit ? If not private.
  • Thanked by 1AstoriaL
  • ClaretLaKhabaryClaretLaKhabary Posts: 95
    edited October 20
    Just for everyone's personal knowledge:
    1. The region is still a construction zone, please pardon our dust during the redesign of the rebuild of the rebuild
    2. Although Imzadi Basin is, indeed, classed as a "private" sim [not commercial and not connected to mainland] everyone is welcome to visit and/or hang out and/or explore
    3. Bring coffee
  • I tell myself all the "side projects" are things I've wanted to tinker with for a while [and it's the truth... in a way] but who am I kidding, I'm really putting off the tedious work that needs doing before adding the weather system... which leads to making sure there's no "stray" prims or objects hanging out on the region... and [the true horror] re-re-re-re-re-organizing my inventory.
  • Even before you finish the whole job ... when the day's work 'feels' successful, there's always "that moment" ... The space of a breath and a smile .. when you know, today, it was a job well done.
    effects.jpg 304.5K
  • I so can share that feeling today :-)
    Pathfinder II heli coming along nicely.
  • An artsy friend of mine created this "oil canvas" from a snapshot to frame for her library. She doesn't want to be named but I will say I'm grateful and she should be recognized!
    InOil.jpg 377.6K